Besix led JV wins Bahrain causeway

15 June 2010

A Besix led JV has won the US$ 265 million contract to construct the North Manama causeway in Bahrain.

Belgium based Besix Group, which is 50% owned by Orascom Construction Industries, has a 78% stake in the JV valued at US$ 203 million, with the remaining 22% held by the Haji Hassan Group. The project involves upgrades to 1.6 km of the King Faisal highway and the al-Fateh junction as well as construction of 2.4 km of road on the causeway, of which 1.6 km will be on reclaimed land.

The project, which will provide road access to the Bahrain Financial Harbour and Bahrain Business Bay, is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2013. Following the award Besix Group also hopes to bid for future upgrade work on the East-West route of the King Faisal highway.


Receive the information you need when you need it through our world-leading magazines, newsletters and daily briefings.

Sign up

Andy Brown Editor, Editorial, UK - Wadhurst Tel: +44 (0) 1892 786224 E-mail: [email protected]
Neil Gerrard Senior Editor, Editorial, UK - Wadhurst Tel: +44 (0) 7355 092 771 E-mail: [email protected]
Catrin Jones Deputy Editor, Editorial, UK – Wadhurst Tel: +44 (0) 791 2298 133 E-mail: [email protected]
Eleanor Shefford Brand Manager Tel: +44 (0) 1892 786 236 E-mail: [email protected]